Electronic meetings, like all Al‑Anon meetings, offer help and hope to anyone who is affected by alcoholism in a family member or friend. Electronic Al‑Anon meetings agree to abide by the spirit of the Twelve Traditions. Each Al‑Anon member is responsible for keeping the meeting focused on Al‑Anon recovery and discussion of Al‑Anon related topics. Al‑Anon will always be what we—its members—make it. Confidentiality and anonymity varies from platform to platform. It is the responsibility of the Al‑Anon member to understand how to maintain personal anonymity when participating in an online Al‑Anon meeting.
For any of you who are considering electronic meetings, we have local groups running their meetings online temporarily,
Here's the information for local online meetings:
- Sunday 1 PM Highland Meeting ID# 889-9206-7138 PW AFG2020
- Monday 7:00 PM Highland Meeting ID# 830-1370-0089 PW AFG2020.
- Monday 8:00 PM Cedar Lake Meeting ID# 997-457-4857 PW AFG2020 Live Meeting started up. Masks Required
- Wednesday 8:00 PM Lowell Meeting ID# 997-457-4857 PW AFG2020 Live Meeting started up
- Thursday 6:00 PM Rensselaer, Meeting ID# 831-5287-5009 PW AFG2020
- Thursday 8 PM Crown Point Step Study Meeting ID# 868-5310-9018 PW AFG2020 Live Meeting started up
- Friday 9:30 AM Hammond Meeting ID# 824-7218-3098 PW AFG2020
A Zoom Account can be set up via downloading the Zoom Application. A Live Demo can be located at the following site: https://zoom.us/livedemo
Installing Zoom: drive.google.com/file/d/1JzELG0JGBMPczte4nWlfAQuW2kFEAbmm/view
Setting up Zoom Account: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfcZEvhe7avR-tKriKqjMqlAHMFUVSgs/view
This is an example on creating a recurring meeting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KyM9MW9Xzdm_E0ErcKbs3V42w6vKWxPV/view
In addition to the meeting above, more online meetings can be found at: https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/